Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Seasons Have Changed...Where Does That Leave ME?

Today, March 20, is the first day of spring. It's a beautiful day outside and the weather is great. What does that mean? Time to bring out the tank tops, the short shorts, laying out by the pool in skimpy swimwear, and wearing as little as possible, right? Sounds wonderful doesn't it? WRONG. I'm absolutely terrified! My body, which I am working on changing, is not something I would want to see at the beach or the pool...or even just wearing short shorts period.
Now don't get me wrong, I think that females that have the bodies and confidence to walk outside in those fashions are wonderful, and BELIEVE ME, I wish I could too, but its a serious blow to my confidence and ego because I cannot. I am currently on a long, tedious, and difficult journey to lose about 50lbs, and if I could just wave a wand or make a wish and my body would just miraculously downsize by about 7 dress sizes...I'd be ECSTATIC! But that isn't going to happen.
So I'll ask the question again, where does that leave me?

[By the way...this is the start of posts about my weight loss(or lack there of)...]

STAY TUNED!

-NaturalNubia

2 comments:

  1. :) I'm with you!! Hopefully by the end of the summer we'll both feel confident and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah!! We're in this thing together! :D

    ReplyDelete